Friday, June 26, 2009

1 week old




So I'm finally getting a chance to sit down and update the blog, and check e-mail, etc. I feel like I don't have any time anymore-- which is fine, I'd rather be sitting on the couch holding Charlie than doing anything else!!!

Charlie has had a busy first week! On Monday we went to the Dr. and she sent us into the hospital Monday afternoon because Charlie had high Bili-levels. So under the lights he went. The little guy did so well. I felt so bad for him, no clothes, silly eye-shades, under the bili-lights. But, after 16 hours, his levels went down and he was able to stop with the lights. However, he had lost a lot of weight (14% of his birth-weight)- so the dr.'s and nurse's were concerned. They kept Charlie and I in the hospital pretty much all day on Tuesday - helping me with feedings. We now have Charlie on a good shedule and the little man is eating up a storm! In two days he gained 5 ounces!!! So we have a weight check tomorrow, and then again on Monday and then his 2 week appointment on Wednesday- so hopefully by Wednesday he'll be up to or past his birth weight- as of yesterday, he was 7 lbs 0.4 ounces. :) we're getting there.

Charlie is such a good little baby. He really only gets fussy when he needs to be changed, or wants to eat.

Adam and I are loving every minute (yes, even the sleepless ones).

Here are a few photos of the little man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give him a 'Kiss and a Hugg' From Gpa Crowson! Today.
Seen Adrienne & Kenny last night. said our goodbye's
Love Brian and Kathy