Thursday, April 09, 2009

Retaining wall


I bought some landscaping bricks from my neighbor Ben to build a retaining wall in the backyard in hopes that it will also trap some run off water and green up the grass this summer, in addition to looking nice.

Most of the grub behind the bricks is dirt I dug up Thursday, but it's not like the grass wasn't already dead here from our extremely dry winter. You can see the lawn is almost bare anyway and the blizzard melted so fast it didn't really do us any favors, even if we got close to a foot of snow. It's been a harsh winter, in terms of no snow -- or snow that melts the next day.

I'm looking forward to it heating up soon so I can turn on the sprinklers and bring this stubborn shit back to life. Ugggggh. Stupid arid Wyoming soil.

No comments: