Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Waiting Game

It's amazing how fast time flies-- or was flying by at least.... It really doesn't seem like that long ago was October and I found out I was pregnant! Now here we are... 3 weeks away from being Full Term, 6 weeks away from the actual due date!!! This is where time slows down... as we just sit and wait.....

On Tuesday we had our last Prepared Childbirth Class. We did diapering and swaddling. Adam did great on both. I'm not so hot on the swaddling. We'll get the hang of it though. We also took a tour of the Maternity Floor. Got to see the whole set up- It made it all seem a little more real. They don't have birthing suites like they do back home- just small rooms, but the baby still gets to stay with you the whole time, and there is a couch for the daddies (although it's like a love seat, so poor adam will be hanging off of it!!!). Everyone on the floor seemed really nice- all the nurses - I'm feeling a little more comfortable now, having met some people and seeing the whole area. Everyone kept telling me how I would be better off going to Fort Collins and delivering, how I did not want to have my baby in Cheyenne, but after seeing everything, I think it will be fine and the baby, Adam and I will be well taken care of.

Wednesday Adam left for MN. His sister is getting married today (Saturday). I think it's been hard for the both of us, being away from each other when I'm this close to having the baby-- but he needs to be there for the wedding- his sister needs him, and right now, baby and I are good.. we're just hanging out (with Wrigley too). I have a braxton-hicks contraction every once in awhile. Not a big deal- and I'm feeling just fine... Getting that massage a few weeks ago really helped. I'm still a little achy, but overall, I can't complain... Right now I'm just enjoying the last few weeks of being pregnant.

On Wednesday night I went down to Denver with my friend Brittany and we saw Spamalot. It was very good (it's the 3rd time I've seen it). We were given tickets from the paper, so they were amazing seats- 12 rows from stage- right in the middle!!! The baby loved the music. He was all over the place. It's fun to watch my stomach just move from side to side when he moves. There are some times when you can actually tell where his feet are and where his butt is. I just love sitting and feeling him move around.

I'm learning some of the things he likes-- music being the biggest thing. I have been playing music since the beginning of my pregnancy-- putting the headphones on my belly--- now I just play music on the computer or the cd player and he just moves around. I'm hoping that music calms him when he is born.

Adam comes home tomorrow morning. Tomorrow afternoon I have a "Skype" Shower in Milwaukee with my mom's side of the family. I'm looking forward to it... should be interesting to see how it will all work. I'm just excited that we have the technology to even try something like this. It will be nice when the baby is born and I can get on skype and show him off :) Makes the distance feel a little less some days....

When adam gets back we'll take another picture... my boss was gone all last week and when she got back on Friday she said I had grown a lot in the last week.... so I think from here until the baby is born, we'll take weekly pictures to see the progress!!! :)

No comments: