Friday, May 08, 2009

33 Weeks and Finally Updating the Blog!


Ok... for those that have been asking... I'm finally taking time to update the blog!! I'm sorry, I've been really bad the last couple of weeks. I feel like I've been extremely busy!!!

So, what's going on.. let's see.... The baby has still been measuring big.. my last two appointments he was 3 weeks ahead. So right now, as I am at 33 weeks, he is measuring at 36. Right now this means nothing.. Come Tuesday, it might. We have our next (hopefully last) Ultrasound on Tuesday. This is where they will get his weight and measurements (head, shoulders, etc), and see if I can deliver him, or if he is going to need to be born via C-Section. They should also determine at this appointment if they are bumping up my due date. So I will for sure update the blog on Tuesday and let everyone know what we found out.

For the past 4 Tuesdays, Adam and I have been going to a Prepared Childbirth Class at the Hospital. There are 4 other couples- all first time parents. It's a very interesting class... some of the stuff we already knew or read about, but I have found for the most part- the majority of it very helpful. It's also nice to just have time that Adam and I get to spend together. I really enjoy doing the breathing exercises, because it's something between adam and I and I feel like he is part of the experience- he's going to be a good coach! Our last class is this coming Tuesday. We're doing diapering, swaddling, and a tour of the maternity area of the hospital. We're both looking forward to that.

As I type this out, I am washing baby clothes! Little by little I'm getting stuff washed and put away in his room. My friend Kassi came over last week and helped me organize.. it was a huge help!!! I feel like I am ready for the little guy- for the first week at least! ha.

I am still feeling good.. very sore- especially my lower back and legs. My boss is also a massage therapist, so last Friday I got a prego massage.. it was so amazing.. I still feel a lot better from that. Although yesterday I worked at a trade show and was on my feet for the majority of it... I am very very sore and tired today! It's amazing how something as trivial as just standing around takes so much out of you at this point.

I am very happy that overall, I really have had a good pregnancy. I really can't complain. Besides feeling huge, I am just fine!

Baby is moving around a lot- I'm kind of getting a hang of his schedule he's got going on... which right now is nice and backwards (he loves to play at 3am)- we're going to have to work with him on that!!!

We're still discussing names... I'm having a hard time naming him something that is popular right now. Adam doesn't seem to care. We both had fairly common names in grade school, and I never really wanted that for my kid, but adam doesn't seem to mind... so right now, I'm not giving in on Ethan yet, but I won't rule it out completly. I still have my favorites.... we'll see what happens. And yet it would have been simple had he been a girl.. we were in agreement on that name!!!

I'll try to be better about the blog here in the coming weeks. For sure I'll update on Tuesday after our appointment.

No comments: