I've come to the realization that it is a very daunting task to choose a name for a child. It seems very easy- just pick a name, but there is so much more to consider.
Adam and I have been throwing around names since I first found out I was pregnant. We have a great list going, but haven't come up with that perfect name yet.
There are so many things to consider when you come up with names. How does it sound with the last name, what nick-names can you make with the name, what cruel nick-names are kids going to come up with, initials, etc.
Our last name is somewhat difficult to pair first names with. For instance, one name we liked at the beginning was Mason. Put that with Crowson, and Mason Crowson, just doesn't sound right- too sing-songy. There have been other names like that, that just don't go with our last name, because of the N, or even the C- for instance, Connor Crowson, again, too rhymy...
It's not that Adam and I can't agree on a name, there are a handful of names that we both like, but neither are convinced that it's "the name". I think we'll just go into the hospital with our list and see what he looks like. Who knows, maybe he'll surprise us and when we see him, we'll just know what to name him.
I have been having dreams lately however, that I have the baby and three weeks later he still doesn't have a name.
1 comment:
Ian is kinda catchee...{HINT HINT}
Grandpa Crowson
Post a Comment