Well, the first barbecue was a success.
We invited The Desk over with some of the regulars that hang with us from work for a "housewarming/Fourth of July" party on July 3. I felt bad because it would be nice to invite everyone over ... but we don't have the space or the money to entertain EVERYONE.
So, those from The Desk who were able to make it made it over and ... we drank. A lot. By the time everyone left, there were 27 bottles of beer in the bottle bin. Cassell had cracked open the Wild Turkey and Megan and some other girls had finished off the Cuervo Margarita out of a big bottle.
We started with about 31 bottles of beer. I know I had about 7 or 8? I was worried as to how loud we might have been? But the neighbors never complained...
Plus, we all suffer from severe cases of "Newsroom Mouth"... if the neighbors were listening in, I'm sure our language was like watching an episode of "Deadwood" except we don't have any prostitutes... :(
The best was when a few people -- at random times in the night -- would say something that most people would find mildly offensive and then apologize to Megan ... to which she replies, "I'm married to a journalist; I'm not offended..."
Anyway...it was a good time. And then, on the 4th, our couch -- that's made out of baby seals -- came into Cheyenne and we went to pick it up. And it's super soft. Almost worth clubbing all 300 of those seals to death.
Just kidding.
No comments:
Post a Comment