This is the last "busy" week I will have until I leave and while parts of it might sadden me, I'm actually glad that next week will be a slacker week.
I was sad to see my last Town of Sumpter meeting. The board is hilarious. And they sent me out with a bang -- as the business for the evening was a tight deliberation on whether or not to join the Sauk Prairie Community Recreation Department's intergovernmental agreement.
In the end, the good outweighed the financial burdens and the board decided to trim some of the luxuries of a new road project to help the kids out. But this was the first time a split vote has occurred since Badger Ordnance was divided up, marking a historical night in Town of Sumpter politics.
While I enjoy covering Sumpter, I'm glad to see my chapter on Sauk City come to a close.
I dread those meetings because A) I don't enjoy reporting, B) I don't get off on being investigative and C) There are so many open government violations from time to time that I wouldn't even know where to begin.
Either way it's nice to see the month of June and my time at the Sauk Prairie Eagle coming to an end, so I can start a new chapter in Cheyenne, Wyo.
No comments:
Post a Comment